Veeam Backup- & Copy-jobs issues pointing to SoBR
Last week I had some issues with Veeam jobs pointing to a Scale-out Backup Repository (SoBR).
- Some jobs stopped at 99% (all VMs were processed, but the job did not finish)
- Some copy-jobs failed with following message: Cannot connect to target backup repository
- Some jobs had the error Attribute ‘ServerName’ was not found
One workaround was, to rename all copyjobs-folder at each SoBR extent and perform a Full copy-job. But this was not the solution for all (other) problems.
After some research I found something in the Veeam Community – so we created a support case and fer to issue number #90181. (if you have the same issue, create a case and refer to the issue number #90181)
Veeam provided us the fix very quick (it took less than 1 hour – fantastic support 🙂 as usual). So we had to replace 4 files – followed with this instructions:
1) Ensure all jobs are stopped
2) Go to Veeam Backup Server and verify you are running proper version 18.104.22.1681. You can check it browsing Option -> Help -> About
3) Stop all Veeam B&R services manually
4) Rename files in the install directory with the same name as files in the hotfix to _original in the installation folder (default path C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup)
5) Afterwards copy files from the archive
6) Start all Veeam B&R services manually
After the start of all services, nothing happens. So I checked the logs:
[31.12.2016 09:08:38] <41> Error SQL server is not available. (System.Exception)
[31.12.2016 09:08:38] <41> Error Server stack trace:
[31.12.2016 09:08:38] <41> Error at Veeam.Backup.DBManager.CPersistentDbConnection.ExecuteQuery(String query, SqlParameter parameters)
[31.12.2016 09:08:38] <41> Error at Veeam.Backup.Service.CLockService.KeepAlive(Guid leaseId)
So we decided to restart the SQL Services as well – and to be sure – we restated the whole VBR – Server. And after this restart, everything is working as expected.
Fix Included in Veeam v9.5 Update 1?
I asked the Veeam Support, if this fix will be included in v9.5 Update 1 – and it is not at this time. (3.1.2017)