Veeam Certified Engineer — Advanced (VMCE-A): Design & Optimization V1 Course – PART 2
Today we had the second part of our Veeam Certified Engineer — Advanced (VMCE-A): Design & Optimization V1 Course. Topics covered today:
- Optimizations (regarding: B&R Database, Proxy, Repo, per-VM files, Dedup Appliances, WAN Accelerator, Tapes, Enterprise Manager, Indexing and AV).
- After that we started with the second part of the scenario which we talked yesterday – new situation: customer added some new components and how to backup / replicate them.
- At the end, we looked at two other topics: Audit / Compliance and Troubleshooting (Most useful logs, etc.)
Helpful link today:
Resume about the course
If I look back the 2 days I have the following feedback:
- Overall it was a really good experience and our teacher did it very well (he had a lot of personal experience)
- Content could be sometimes a bit more technical
- Add more (real-world) scenarios and show the participant also the solutions which Veeam would provide regarding best practices by Veeam
- Scenarios could be a bit more detailed regarding the provided information’s
- If you are a Hyper-V customer you will be lost. Focus is 90%+ on VMware (which is absolutely OK for me :-)). Maybe Veeam should offer 2 versions of the course (one with focus on Hyper-V and the other for VMware customers) but as I know, this is not so easy.
So I’m very excited about the exam. I will post a Part 3 when I tried it and will provide some information’s.